|You are here: Home > Policies
Mango Street Inn Policies
The Mango Street Inn is our home and we want our guests to feel like they are at home when they stay with us. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your Fort Myers Beach vacation more enjoyable. We are available 24/7-365 in case of emergency or concern.
If you’re interested in making a reservation, please reserve those phone calls to regular business hours of 9am to 8pm.
A deposit of one night room and tax is required to confirm your booking. Group reservations and extended stays require a deposit of 50%.
Check in time is 2:00 pm and check out time is before 11:00 am.
We are happy to accept your well-behaved dog or cat. There is a $40.00 cleaning fee for guests’ pets with a maximum of two pets per room. We must have evidence of rabies vaccination. (Collar tags are sufficient) If barking, scratching or chewing furniture is an issue than animals must remain with their owners at all times. Mango Street Inn is a very small, quiet property. If your dog has excessive barking issues then Mango Street Inn is not the vacation place for you. Sorry but we cannot accept aggressive breeds. Guests are responsible for any damage caused by their pets.
We have a limited number of pet friendly rooms. Please phone us directly for booking with an animal.
- We reserve 10:00 pm – 9:00am as quiet time at the inn.
- If you are enjoying our courtyard we ask that you please tidy up after yourself and always remember to recycle whenever possible.
- All rooms at the inn are non-smoking. There are no exceptions. Our smoking guests are welcome to smoke outside the front gate in the designated smoking area. Please be aware we are very strict about our no smoking policy in our rooms. There is a $500 cleaning fee for violating in-room smoking policy.
- Unless you are a law enforcement professional, there are no firearms allowed at Mango Street Inn or in any cars that are parked in our parking lot.
- Please remember to keep your windows and doors closed when using your air conditioner or heater.
- Beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, coolers and beach cruisers are provided complimentary for our guests.
- Reserved parking is available directly in front of the inn.
- The rate includes a complimentary breakfast six days a week, Monday through Saturday, from 9:00am - 10:00am. Weather permitting breakfast is served outside under our pergola.
- Every attempt will be made to honor specific room requests.
- Rates are based on 1-2 people in rooms 1-4 and 2-4 people in rooms 5 and 6. Additional guests are charged at $20.00 per person per night. Rates do not reflect state and local taxes.
- Minimum stay and higher rates may apply during special events and holidays.
- If you are under the age of 23 you must phone the inn directly for your reservation.
- Management reserves the right to deny reservations / accommodations to anyone who violates our policies.
Please know that families with children are always welcome at the inn. However, we do not have a play area for kids and running on the deck area of the inn is not permitted. We are also fussy about our quiet time and about respecting the peace and quiet of the inn. The beach is just a short walk across the street where kids can be as rambunctious as they want. Vacations are few and far between and we want everyone coming to Mango Street Inn to have the best experience possible.
Mango Street Inn is a very small property and cancellations and changes to arrival and departure dates affect us significantly. All cancellations are subject to a $25 service charge. In order to operate our business effectively and to continue to provide the best possible service to our guests, we must strictly adhere to our deposit refund policies. It is important to understand that when you are making a reservation the deposit is like a “payment” for taking your room off of the market and removing it from our reservation system. And, we turn other potential guests away because your room is “off the market”.
A one night room rate and tax deposit is required for all reservations. For extended stays during season, in addition to the one night non-refundable deposit, 50% of the entire reservation is due 60 days prior to arrival with the balance due at check in.
Cancellations must be made within 72 hours prior to the start of your reservation in order to receive a refund for your deposit (minus $25 administrative fee).
Season and Holidays
Cancellations to reservations made during holidays or during season; December, January, February, March or April must be received within 60 days of the reservations. Failure to cancel during this time frame will result in a charge for 50% of the entire stay unless the room can be re-rented.
Got Travel Insurance?
No matter how hard you try, the weather is one thing you just can’t plan for. Every year snowstorms, hurricanes and other unexpected weather events cause travelers to delay, interrupt or even cancel their trips completely.
That’s why there’s Travel Guard – it’s what you need to help cover your vacation investment.
To learn more, click here.
Coverage is offered by Travel Guard Group, Inc., and limitations will apply; click here for full disclaimer.
In the unlikely event that a hurricane evacuation is ordered while you are a guest, and you have not purchased travel insurance, you will be issued a voucher for the unused portion of your stay. Guests holding a confirmed reservation who are unable to travel to Mango Street Inn because of the closing of the Southwest Florida Regional Airport or connecting roadways due to a mandatory evacuation and have not purchased travel insurance will receive a voucher in the amount of the room deposit held. Vouchers are redeemable up to two years from the issue date, excluding special events and holidays. No voucher will be issued if the hurricane is not a threat to Fort Myers Beach and you are unable to travel because of canceled flights or adverse travel conditions outside our area.